Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Our Pier. Stamford, CT, 2010

When I was a child, my father and I used to visit Cummings Park and fish off its pier. We caught anything from Blue Fish, Bunker, and I once ensnared a Spider Crab with my line. Sadly, in the late summer of 2006, a tropical storm rushed the coast with 50-mph winds, sending the 320-foot pier off to the neighboring West Beach.

"It was not just used by the people who live down here. It was used by everybody in Stamford," Boylan said. "People fished, the elderly walked there, young couples walked there, kids rode their bikes, people watched the sun set. It was a gateway to the coast. I miss the activity on it." -Maureen Boylan via Angelia Carella: Why Cummings park is pier-less 

Happy Father's Day Dad.

1 comment:

  1. This is my most priced possesion at home. Thank you Ander for capturing some of life's best memories...

    ReplyDelete