Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Riding It Off. Seattle, WA, 2011

In my sophomore year at Syracuse University, I was the Vice President for the SU Cycling Club. During the race seasons, I remember trying to keep a disciplined eating plan and strenuous riding schedule. It was tough because I enjoy eating, there's nothing I love more, but it's simply not the cyclist's mantra. 

Too often, I've seen over weight riders purchase feather light, fully carbon, lust worthy bikes costing +$10,000. They're spending the big bucks, to shave grams off the latest components, when realistically, they need to burn off 10 or 15 lbs.

Dont' get me wrong, I still have respect for the subject in my photo! At the very least he knows Dick's Burger in Capitol Hill is the perfect place to grab a delicious bite on the go. Granted, he's still going to need to ride a few more miles... flabbiness isnt' very aerodynamic.



No comments:

Post a Comment